Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Progress being made

I submitted a request for a review on a state level for the approval we are seeking for a second stem cell transplant for Glen.  I do know that the request was received because I called the insurance office yesterday to confirm such.  In that I was told that someone would be contacting us to schedule the review.

Today, mid-day we have not heard from anyone.  I started making my own calls.  I am learning as I go.  My first thought was to talk to a state senator.  Through that I was referred to the governor's office; more of a state level, not federal.  Through that I was referred to the State Insurance Department.  I spoke with a woman who made me feel that she was genuine in her concern over this issue.  With a simple phone call from her to the insurance company she was informed of this information:
  
     The person whom I was waiting for to call me was in transit, actually in her car, hand delivering all of the pertinent information to a member of the board for the HIP Pool for the State of Utah.  All of this will be reviewed tomorrow and we were told that we will also be notified of their decision  --  tomorrow  --  !!

So . . . progress is being made even though we were not aware of it.  This is good.  This is a very good thing.  I pray for a positive outcome to this.  Three denials have been hard to swallow.  Until tomorrow . . .

Keep Strong, Vannette

2 comments:

  1. Praying you receive good news tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wondering how your insurance issues were going. I will be praying for you too.

    ReplyDelete