Total Pageviews

Friday, September 2, 2011

Arrival in Salt Lake for D-PACE

Glen and I arrived at Huntsman around 10 am yesterday morning to begin D-PACE and to meet with Dr. Tricot.  First, off to the infusion room to get the chemo started.  Since this is administered in 24 hour dosing it needed to get started right away.  Wow!  The pack  that was sent with the drugs is huge.  Much more than needed.  I have dubbed it "Glen's new buddy"  Nurse Laurie is going to attempt to get him a smaller one.

Glen has not had any pain medication today.  Two days of Dex down.  Two to go. 

One of  three PA's recently got married.  We learned today that she quit her position with Dr. Tricot and moved to Seattle.  There was Andrea, Abby and Amanda.  Andrea has departed.  There is a new PA hired.  I wonder if his/her name begins with and "A".

Our meeting with Dr. Tricot was encouraging.  Glen has done well with his treatment.  He has tolerated most of what has been given.  Very few set backs.  While I cannot recall the doctor's exact words he did let us know that he feels Glen will be with us for some good years yet.  Much more than what either Glen or I had come to understand.  A second transplant will add to that.  We hope to  get scheduling of the arbitration accomplished this next week and the actual arbitration while we are here in Salt Lake. 

Our apartment is nice.  Nice and CLEAN!  We are so fortunate to have these accomodations available to us.  This being our third stay away from home . . . . .I left half of what we normally bring along home this time.  I work myself much harder than necessary sometimes.  I am learning.

Time to rest.
Keep Strong, Vannette

No comments:

Post a Comment