Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

FIGHT FOR 2ND TRANSPLANT IS OVER . . . OR IS IT?

The Arbitration has gone in favor of the insurance company. 

While Mr. Thomason states he believes there to be more benefit than risk he could not find the insurance company negligent in the wording of the policy that clearly states there will be no tandem SCT for those considered "high risk".

It has been brought to our attention that while the insurance won't cover the actual transplant, the plan would cover some of the procedures pre and post transplant.  We have started an investigation into just what that would mean and the total out of pocket it would take to move forward with transplant.  This will take all week.  In the meantime the biggest or first question that needs to be answered is:  given that Glen had the 1st transplant 6 months ago, is there still time to continue our efforts in order for the 2nd transplant to be effective?

I've had my day of tears.  I know without doubt who is in charge.  I feel I'm being guided and told it is still not time to give up.  Maybe there is still yet another hurdle we have to get over before we reach the end of this particular quest.

I'm so very sadden in that a favorable decision could have meant something of significance for many others who find themselves in this same situation.

I am ever determined,
Vannette

2 comments:

  1. Oh no...I'm so sorry Vannette. Thank you for pushing forward, in hopes that a good decision would have meant an easier road for someone with MM in the future. Praying you find another solution in your quest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vannette - I have some info that you might find useful. Please email me at adun678@gmail.com to discuss. There is hope. A fellow caregiver

    ReplyDelete